How to install firmware on Samsung Galaxy S II? You can flash official or custom firmware into Samsung Galaxy S2 with Odin. No need to wait for official firmware release through Samsung KIES and install it yourself with Odin3. Or flash custom firmware that you prefer. This step by step video guide will show you how to install new official firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 with Odin3.
Note – You should not face any issue with upgrading to newer official firmware. Your applications and data will be intact. However, factory reset might be needed when you downgrade firmware to older version because you might face boot loop issue. Therefore, make sure you make a backup before install new firmware.
Step by Step Guide
- Go to Settings.
- Click on About phone.
- Find out your SGS2 kernel version.
- Then power off your phone.
- Press and hold down Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Press Volume Up button when warning prompt.
- Odin download mode will be loaded.
- Connect USB cable to your phone.
- At PC, extract firmware .tar file that you downloaded to Firmware folder.
- Then bring up Odin3.
- Click on PDA.
- Select the .tar at Firmware folder.
- Click Start then.
- Remove USB cable from your phone when you see green PASS! at Odin3.
- That’s all and enjoys new firmware.
Download Odin3 v1.85 here.
Download official Samsung Galaxy S2 firmware here.